Monday, August 25, 2008

Give Me Five Monday



It's that time again! I thought this was a great meme for today :)

Give Me Five current projects you are working on: crafts, around-the-house, church, work, etc.

1. Organizing closets - especially the kids, it's amazing how much they seem to grow in just a few short months! It's fun to go shopping for school clothes, though! So, far I have donated 4 boxes of clothes. And I have one closet left to do...next shoes...

2. Homework - mine and Isabella's i am taking a Humanities course this semester. I will have to do 2 book reports and an oral report is due in December (yikes!) I have already checked out a few of the books the professor suggested.
Isabella has homework about every other night now. I can't believe it! I am not sure we had that much homework when I was in 2nd grade.

3. Volunteer - I decided not to take a position on the PTA board this year, but I am will be volunteering in different areas. I like being involved but not having the stress of board meetings.

4. Scrapbooking

5. cross stitching - this is something my step-mother taught me years ago. I have recently picked it back up....it is soothing

Hope you have a great Monday!!

5 comments:

BeccA's Buzz said...

I used to do embroidering, cross stitch and also tried my hand at a 'crewel'(?) project. They are very fun and make good use of the time I spend in front of the boob tube..although most of the time I discover I end up sitting there watching tv just holding on to the project LOL

I know what you mean about helping instead of heading things up. Much different!

Happy GM5!

Joyce said...

I haven't done any cross stitching in years, but agree with you that it's relaxing.

You DO sound busy. :) So relaxing is a good thing.

Working Mum said...

Monday was a Bank Holiday here in the UK. I spent it painting the lounge. I used to love cross stitch, I did a lovely sampler when daughter was born, but nothing since. You'll have to show us your creations.

Scarlet said...

Great list! I definitely need to tackle the kids' closets! It's a jungle in there...seriously. It's where they keep all their stuffed animals. :)

Thanks for popping into my blog the other day. It was good to see your smiling face again!

threesidesofcrazy said...

Great list - I'm working more volunteering into my schedule this year.