Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Read On!

I have been reading quite a bit lately. Where do I find time to do that you ask?
Waiting at ballet class, soccer practice and for the arrival of hubby's bus in the evening. i realized I had pockets of time that I could fill up with reading.

The last few that I have read are:

SisterChicks Go Brit! by Robin Jones Gunn
I have always dreamed of seeing London and this book transported me there! I loved the adventures these two women found themselves in. And they have given me a few places to add to my "must-see" list. I will get there one day.....

The Next Thing On My List by Jill Smolinski
This was an interesting and fun book. There are a few sad parts but the ending leaves you happy.

Sailing To Capri by Elizabeth Adler
I am not usually a fan of mystery type books, but this was an exception. It is a very well written novel full of intrigue and wonderfully descriptive places!

The Appeal by John Grisham
I have read everything by Mr. Grisham. He is in my top 5 of favorite authors. This book did not disappoint as far as his writing and storytelling. I was so frustrated by the ending that I threw the book... But it ended exactly how the scenario would play out in real life. I love how Grisham delivers the unexpected even when you were hoping for the opposite outcome :)

What are reading? I need some new suggestions before I go to the library Saturday. Maybe something that uplifted you, or a cool mystery (I may have to check into those more), or perhaps a moving biography....I enjoy non-fiction as well.

Hope you have a great week! I look forward to your ideas!

1 comment:

JP said...

Good one...Keep reading, ofcourse..Blog writing too.