Monday, February 25, 2008

Before "I Do"

I came across this website: http://www.cnn.com/2007/LIVING/personal/08/02/o.marriage.questions/index.html

It lists all the questions you should ask each other before getting married. Here are the highlights:

"Will you marry me," is not only question couples should ask:
Income: How much is OK and what to spend it on
Children? When and how many?
Home life, chores, friends can be areas of disagreement

Kids I can see talking about, but do couples really discuss future disagreements like chores and what to spend money on? Don't those things change with time and circumstances?

1 comment:

artisbliss said...

Oh my, do things ever change with time and circumstances. Both of my younger brothers are in various stages of divorce right now, over totally dissimilar things but both marriages are broken, that's for sure. There's so much give and take in a successful marriage and sometimes it seems like it's all give and no take. It truly is an act of the will to hang in there.