Friday, February 15, 2008

Desperate Rose Counts

I had a fabulous Valentine's day! I hope everyone reading this did as well! I did not get roses, and before you feel sorry for me, let me just say I am glad. My husband used to come home with flowers often in the beginning of our relationship, but soon I realized it depressed me when the flowers died. Which they all do eventually! So, he gets me fake rose petals, candles and candy. This year I even got a stuffed purple hedgehog! Heehee!
While I was at my daughter's class Valentine's party, we mothers were grouped together taking pictures and chatting. They were comparing what their husbands had gotten them, dozens of roses, a necklace, diamond earrings, 5 pound box of Godiva chocolate, tickets to a play. As I listened to the accounts given, in rapid fire shots, it reminded me of men in a pissing contest. When the attention turned to me and they eyed me with a look daring me to outdo them in their gift count, I smiled and said I got a hedgehog. I wish I had taken my camera!!
I almost couldn't wait to get in the car to laugh! and boy did I laugh!

No comments: