Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Here Today Gone Tomorrow

I wrote about the frustrations of my brother moving here last August. Mostly frustrating because he left his first child 6 hours away with his first wife. If you are new to this particular drama, you can read about it HERE and HERE.

Well, as fast as they came, they have gone. Didn't tell his job, didn't bother to notify his apartment management (he was in his third month of a six month lease), didn't even bother to stay through May which he had paid for. Just woke up yesterday and decided he wanted to go home. He packed up his apartment, loaded his girlfriend and 3 babies up and left.

My mom is a left a little winded. We went over to see her last night and I am glad we did. She seemed a little blown out of the water. I am having her over for dinner tonight as well. Although in the long run this will be better on her health, it is no less shocking. She had really gotten attached to the girls.

So,I am back and a litlle dazed. Hope you are all well. Thanks for not giving up on me!

4 comments:

Debbie @ Three Weddings said...

What a sad situation. I have a brother kind of like this but thankfully, yes, thankfully, he and his soon to be ex-wife could not have children. They lived in a pig sty and couldn't even clean up after their cats. She said she loved cats but let them live in filth and flea infestation. I am so glad children were not brought into the mess. I hear he is living in a little better conditions since she left him in November. Oops, sorry to rant, this just sounds so much like him. Even the moving without telling someone.

Thank goodness Kristen has you and your mom. Sounds like she's going to need some stability in her life.

Anonymous said...

Wow, that must be surprising for her. Didn't you say she was watching the girls? She'll miss them, I'm sure.

Shionge said...

Thank you for sharing Saralynn and I read about your previous posts about your Brother Jack & Kristen.

My heart goes out to Kristen and you are so kind to have her over but then again you can only do 'so much', the parents really ought to be responsible for a long term solution rather then 'push' Kristen around with other family members.

I am sadden too that Jack's new wife did not embrace Kristen. A lesson to learn here really.

Hugs to Kristen for me ok?

SaraLynn said...

Debbie, No worries! rant away! Brothers are cretures from another planet I have decided.

Reluctant,
Yes, my mother had been keeping them every night for the past 6 weeks. Since they had the new baby. She is a little blown away at the way he left. We know we can't control what other people do and how they live their lives, but when it is your child and you see them making mistakes, big ones, over and over....it has been hard on her.

Thanks for letting me vent here.