Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Frustration....

that is what I am feeling right this moment. It is early morning so there is a chance for this to go away by the end of the day, right?

**Apologies to my few regular readers and to any new readers who have come across this. This is not my usual type of post**

Kristen is here for Spring Break. She lives 6 hours away. She is 4, will be 5 in June. My brother,Jack, has not seen his daughter since AUGUST. Where is Kristen? At this moment she is with my mom and my daughter, they had a girls' night last night. Which is fine and I am glad they had a chance to do it. But where will Kristen be from 3pm today until Friday morning? With me and my family. Let me pause to say, I do not mind having her. Every summer we have her at least a week, if not 2 weeks of the month that is Jack's. She is lucky to get a few days with Jack out of that month.
I am not upset that she will be here, I am upset at the total lack of responsibility on my brother's part. Yes, he has a new wife that is expecting a baby on Friday and yes they have twins that are barely a year old, however, he also has Kristen.
It is a hard situation and I agree that it isn't ideal. But the new wife, pregnant or not, doesn't really want Kristen around. She even convinced my brother to move here. They used to live in Texas. The new wife doesn't like the old one, so they moved. Where does that leave Kristen?
I want to shake my brother. There will come a day, and it isn't too far away, that Kristen will decide she doesn't want to come. Jack lives in the moment. He cannot see past the end of his nose. He has never planned for the future. My heart hurts. Her first night here, remember he hasn't seen her since AUGUST, and she stayed with my mom. The reason? They had to get ready for the twin's party. What kind of crap is that? You can't bake some cupcakes with a 4 year old around? Why not let her help?
And if your new wife isn't ok with your daughter, then you chose poorly my dear brother.

Ok, I think I have it out of my system. **Again apologies, this is not my usual type of post content. I needed to vent....seeth actually...**

5 comments:

Melanie said...

No need to apologize- if you need to vent then you need to vent.

I hope your brother realizes he is making a mistake before it's too late.

Amy's Blah, Blah, Blogging said...

How perfectly sad for that little girl. My heart really goes out to her. She is too young to learn that life is that hard.

I hope you are able to give her joy this week.

Anonymous said...

It's hard to be caught in the middle. Vent away.

SaraLynn said...

Thanks, you guys are great.

SaraLynn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.