Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Frustration continues...dun dun da.....

Apparently this blog is becoming my 'family happenings' blog. I am trying to save Happy Baker
for happy things...hehehehe. If you are wondering what posessed me to have 3 blogs, all I can say is: I am a scatterbrain. It shows even in my blogging.

So, following my previous post, I am still a bit frustrated today. Kristen came over last night. She is so cute! They grow so fast. She is a small little thing too. Jaxson wears the same shoe size and I am pretty sure he out weighs her. She is 4 and he is 2. She has always been little. Isabella is 7 and towers over her.

Hubby has always been good with kids and the kids seem to flock to him. Kristen remembers him from the past summers. He reads to the kids every night. This past summer Kristen found this to be an awesome event and every night requested he read Green Eggs and Ham. When she has been with us for several days she calls him "daddy" or "Bella's Daddy". We have tried to insert the Aunt and Uncle titles but with Kristen it is useless. What can I say?

Here is a picture of the girls and hubby. Kristen has put her pajamas on his head and declared him the PJ KING....what does that mean? But it is cute...


After baths, stories, prayers and MANY drinks of water, Kristen finally fell asleep.
This morning I woke to her tiny face. I could tell she was struggling not to cry. "Can I call my mommy?" Of course, I got up and let her call.

Is is just me? Am I neurotic? But when my children are with someone else, even grandparents, for more than 2-3 hours, I call and check on them. Her mom hasn't talked to her since she left Texas on Friday. And my brother...well. He works from
3pm to 11pm. That is the "reason" she can't stay with him. Apparently Kristen would be too much for the new wife to handle at night. (And after seeing how she is with Kristen, I am not sure I want Kristen there when Jack isn't anyway.) But he could pick her up in the mornings and spend time with her. He didn't see her yesterday, because she did not want to go over there. Apparently it is too much of a trouble for him to come to her now. And today he didn't even call. Kristen never talks about him. It makes me incredibly sad. And mad.

My mom is taking her home Friday morning after they see the new baby at the hospital.
I am wondering if he will see her before that. Probably not. I am so conflicted!
There is a good chance he could get his visitation rights cut back because he doesn;t make the effort to get her once a month for a weekend like he is supposed to. Now when she goes home Kristen is going to tell her mom all about spending time with Nana and Aunt Sara. I wonder if she will be upset that Kristen didn't see Jack.
And at what point do we, my mother and I, have to step back and let go. He, in theory, could lose all visitation with her. And that would mean we wouldn't be able to see her either unless her mother let us.

I guess July will tell the tale. He is supposed to have her the entire month. Last year, Bob and I had her most of the time. Jack had her for 4 days. sigh.....is this post as "rambling" sounding as I think it is?

2 comments:

Sass said...

This situation sounds awful. I've been reading your posts on this subject and am struggling to find the right thing to say. It sounds like you are doing good for Kirsten though. At least she's getting a family holiday with you guys.

Keep on keeping it real for her.

Anonymous said...

It's good that you and your hubby and her grandmother are all there for her. I can understand your frustration. Such a tough situation.