Monday, March 10, 2008

Childhood Friends

What I miss most about "home" are my friends. Rachel and I have been friends for 21 years, Lana and I for 15. They are the sisters i never had. I honestly cannot believe I manage day to day without seeing them. It has been hard. But I wouldn't have met hubby if I had not moved, so.....

Lana is expecting her first baby! I have been so excited! She and Cameron are very anxious for the arrival of their son! She had her baby shower this weekend. I was thrilled I could go! Really, I wouldn't have missed it for the world. So, despite ills and spills we made it to Texas!



Rachel has 2 daughters, the oldest 8 and the youngest 6. She and her husband really wanted to try again for a boy and in 2006 they were expecting twin boys. Tragically she lost them halfway through the pregnancy. It was devastating. She called me almost daily. I had been through the same ordeal with my son, Spencer, in 2004. She knew I understood and I knew there were no words. Sometimes we would sit on the phone and not say anything, just listen to each other cry. Now she is expecting a son,due any day now. My heart is full....

No comments: