Saturday, April 12, 2008

How I fought the BLUES today....

As some of you know, I work for a few hours on Saturdays. Today I went in at 4am. My mom works in the same department, actually we sit in the same cube! She is a Monday-Friday fulltime employee, so it is rare that I see her. Today I was lucky (and blessed) to spend time with her. She was trying to get overtime and has been helping with my brother's twin girls since the birth of his son a few weeks ago. Between schedules, health issues and Jaxson having a cold, I have been out of commission to help out much.

I told her to bring the girls to me and she could have the afternoon off to rest.
I had so much fun! They are too sweet. Just learning to walk, eating solid food and soaking up the actions of my kids.....they took it all in.

They left tired and happy. Hopefully they will sleep all night!


3 comments:

Andrea said...

Wow! 4 am is bright and early! :) I'm glad you could spend some time with your mom though...and that you had a good rest of the day too!

Scarlet said...

Cuties! How fun! I'm glad this time with your mom and nieces brightened up your day. By the looks on their faces, you had the same effect on them. :)

Debbie @ Three Weddings said...

I'm glad you're feeling better. Everyone has days like that. Sometimes you just need a good cry. It doesn't matter if some people have more challenges in life, no matter what, sometimes life just gets to you and we need a day to have a blues.