Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Frustrations of a new kind....

If you are wondering where I am, I am here going a bit crazy...lol

Hubby was asked by his supervisor to work nights for a couple of weeks. No problem, hubby is a go with the flow kind of guy. He calls me at 9:30pm night before last, "Honey the car is missing." My heart drops into my stomach, Las Vegas trip vanishes before my eyes. We cannot afford this again!!!

Again, you say? Hubby works downtown, or as I call it the "hellpit" (not in front of the kids...geez) This past November hubby's car was stolen from the parking lot at 11:20am. It took the thief 2 minutes to get in and take off. Have the police recovered it? No, apparently there is a year long donut sale going on. Besides it was an older car, we only had liability on it (so no rental) and in Oklahoma you do not have to have a title on a car 10 years old or older to sell it for scrap. I am guessing that puppy was sold and smashed within a couple of hours.
This changed our routine a bit. I now get up early and take hubby to the bus. He had asked for a new parking pass for the downtown lot, but never heard back. Being the laid back guy he is, he didn't follow up. For a while this did not matter because he was riding the bus.

Well, duh! Neither of us thought about it when he agreed to work the night shift for a couple of weeks, and the dumb @#@$#*%! security officer had his car towed. There are not that many people working at night, the security officer could have checked around....anyway. Hubby was able to find a ride home that night. Yesterday morning my mom took him to the car lot they had towed it to. After paying 165 dollars, he went to work quite grumbly. This night gig will be over Friday.

Thank goodness because I am grumpy too! I tripped over Jaxson the other day and jammed my toe, and twisted my already bad ankle. After walking funny because of the toe and ankle, my knee and hip hurt....hahahaha I do look kind of funny hobbling around. The kids miss their dad at night. Kids like routine and get grumpy too, when it is changed.

Hope you are all well! i have not forgotten any of you! I have a growing list of blogs to catch up on, and I will. I promise!!
:)

6 comments:

Debbie @ Three Weddings said...

I feel for you. My husband travels a lot so I know the joys of being a work widow. Sorry about the car. That's so frustrating.

Art said...

That sucks! I hope things look up for you guys soon!

Scarlet said...

As horrible as this experience was I love the way you made light of it...the "year long donut sale." LOL

Luckily, the night gig will be over soon and you can get back into the old routine. In the meantime, try to not to trip over anything else. :)

SimplyBillie said...

How frustrating! Is there any way you can get the company to foot the tow bill?

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness- at least it wasn't stolen though. I'm pretty laid back too, but I would have tried to make security pay me back the $165.

Shionge said...

I am so sorry to hear this my dear friend and yes I can imagine how upsetting this is.

Hope all is well with you my dear friend.